Featured Post

You're a What?

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Vegan eating...there is hope.  Read below for my on-going journey with RA and how a Vegan diet changed ever...

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Chocolate Fudge #Vegan #Gluten Free




















Full disclosure...this is not a picture of the fudge I made. It looks super similar, though. I made the fudge late one night and with the help of my family it did not last long.

1 Can Coconut Condensed Milk - link here.
3 4oz Bars Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 tsp Vanilla
Smidge of salt
Nuts (optional)

Break up all of the Bakers chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Pour the coconut condensed milk over the top. Add Salt. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave in 10-15 second increments. I don't like for the microwave to completely melt the chocolate...it is best to stir the mixture to finish the melting. Once completely melted add vanilla and nuts. Stir and pour into a parchment lined 8x8 dish. Refrigerate. Cut into small pieces to serve. Store in fridge.


================
This fudge was delicious. There was no coconut flavor that I could detect. I based this recipe on my Mom's fudge recipe. She loved to mix a bag of chocolate chips and a can of Eagle Brand to make easy fudge during the holidays.

This doesn't make a huge batch, but could be doubled if you wanted it thicker.

I bought the 6 pack of the coconut condensed milk above. I am so grateful that this product is available. I will have plenty of cans on hand for the holidays....and for the best Vegan hot chocolate....EVER! Recipe to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment