Featured Post

You're a What?

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Vegan eating...there is hope.  Read below for my on-going journey with RA and how a Vegan diet changed ever...

Saturday, August 13, 2016

I Scream, You Scream, We all scream for Ice Cream (sort of)

It's a good world to live in when even though you can't have the real "cream" in ice cream, there are great alternatives to be found. 

If someone is choosing to follow a Vegan diet to heal from an auto-immune disease the amount of fat taken in must be at a minimum for maximum benefit. I will buy these ice "creams" knowing that I will only have a spoonful or two every couple of days. 

These are my two favorites. 

Of the nut cream alternatives...Almond, Coconut and Cashew milk ice creams, by FAR my favorite is the Cashew Milk, and while I haven't tried them all because Abilene's selections are a bit lacking my most favorite flavor is the Salted Caramel Cluster that I bought in Tucson at Sprouts. The Cashew Milk is super creamy and is the closest to real ice cream. All that to say - the only flavors I have seen in Abilene are a Chocolate flavor and Snicker-doodle, which Natural Grocers carries. I have requested Market Street carry the Salted Caramel Cluster, it's a brand they already carry but they haven't stocked this flavor yet. If they don't stock it soon I am going to ask again. I have requested lots from Natural Grocers lately, I don't want to wear out my welcome!


Then there is this.  Sorbetto....think sorbet (no dairy) along with gelato. Natural Grocers carries this and I have to say, it is by far my favorite chocolate ice cream whether it is vegan or not. I just closed my eyes when I tried it for the first time today. Rob even gave it a big thumbs up, I shared...one bite.


No comments:

Post a Comment