Featured Post

You're a What?

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Vegan eating...there is hope.  Read below for my on-going journey with RA and how a Vegan diet changed ever...

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Let's Get A Little Bit Rowdy...R.O.W.D.Y. with Kim Chi

This week I tried for the first time a Gluten Free, Vegan tortilla that actually holds up to rolling food inside. Here is the link, it's an Almond Flour tortilla. I had seen it advertised a couple of months ago and someone posted on FB that they were in town so I made a point to go by Natural Grocers to buy a pack. I made a huge mistake assuming that the Cassava and Coconut tortilla's by the same company were also Vegan. They are not...as pictured by the nice pink cow on the front of the package...rushing while buying Vegan food is never a good idea. Must. Read. All. Labels. The Almond Flour tortilla was super yummy. I made a pot of pinto beans in my crock pot, then piled on a bit of brown rice, and then because I was feeling crazy...doppled some Kim Chi on top of that. We like sauerkraut in our house, I have NEVER tried Kim Chi (that's how this brand is spelled) before but it looked super spicy and yummy so I gave it a try. This particular brand includes kale in the mix. I really liked it. The pickly spice went well with the rice and beans. We have enjoyed eating on the pinto beans for a couple of days. Today I sautéed some red, yellow and green bell peppers and some onions, then mixed it with the beans and rice and made a couple of tacos with the almond flour tortilla's. Super yummy. Vegan eating is super inexpensive...as long as you don't buy too many of these delicious tortillas...you might have to sell an arm to pay for them. In all seriousness, Vegan eating is very inexpensive if you cook at home. Veggies are a bargain, even organic veggies are a bargain as compared to meat and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment