Featured Post

You're a What?

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Vegan eating...there is hope.  Read below for my on-going journey with RA and how a Vegan diet changed ever...

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Zoodles, Rice and Pasta

One of the easiest meals I love to make is a zoodle (zucchini noodle) based pasta sauce dish. However, on this starch based vegan eating plan that I follow there's only one thing missing when it is just the zucchini and the pasta sauce..the starch. This night I decided to add rice to the zucchini and sauce. It was pretty good. I keep some sort of rice, lentil, quinoa or brown rice pasta on hand, white potatoes are great also. Dr. McDougall, whose plan I follow spouts the benefits of the humble white potato all the time. Starches (should be 70%) of your meal, along with the veggies and a bit of fruit are what heals your body. The starches are super important in giving our bodies what it needs to heal itself from disease, and in my case the auto-immune disease of Rheumatoid Arthritis. This goes completely against many current thoughts on food, but I am living proof of feeling better, my body healing itself of RA, crazy good energy and losing weight.  I watched a Vegan food show on You-Tube this week and the woman who was doing the cooking shared that the cost of her main ingredient...dried chickpeas which she cooked then used as the base of her family's meals for 2 days cost $2. Amazing. I love my Vegan eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment