Featured Post

You're a What?

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Vegan eating...there is hope.  Read below for my on-going journey with RA and how a Vegan diet changed ever...

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Portabella Grill Out



While we were gone on our vacation my awesome brother and sister in law cooked us steaks upon arrival. There is such a learning curve with Vegan food, but they came up with the idea of grilling me a Portabella Mushroom in place of a steak. I toasted up a piece of my favorite bread, slathered that and the sweet corn on the cob with coconut oil, that along with the roasted red pepper salad dressing I brought, (Amy's salad dressing) made the perfect meal.

To cook the portabella mushroom my brother put a little bit of olive oil on it, then salt and pepper and that was it. It was perfect.

Years ago when my sister's family was coming to visit I had my first experience of being hospitable to people with food allergies. My sister's family has several who suffer with celiacs, along with a couple more food allergies. I would have jumped through hoops to make my family comfortable, and my sister brought lots of staples with her, so through collaboration I feel like we did a great job of keeping every one fed and feeling good.

Food allergies are becoming prevalent within families. It might seem daunting, but when we all work together and we are blessed with hospitable hosts the dinner table can be a great place for all of us to enjoy a meal and fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment