Featured Post

You're a What?

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Vegan eating...there is hope.  Read below for my on-going journey with RA and how a Vegan diet changed ever...

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Road Trip!


Several weeks ago my family headed west to Arizona to visit family. Fast food options for Vegan eating are rare, so I packed my own food. I chose some options that were easy to throw in a lunch box and kept it close to me in the car.  

We stopped several times on the road for the family to eat, I just made sure to eat before we stopped. I didn't want to be hungry when we were in the middle of fast foodness. I wouldn't have gone off plan, it was too important for me to feel well on our trip, and just for life in general,...but it's nice to not be looking at the burger next to you with a hungry stomach.

For the road trip I packed:

Toasted GF Vegan bread,...my favorite brand, Little Northern Bakehouse.
Sliced tomatoes
Lettuce leaves
Vegan mayo

Vegan/Gluten Free bars

Tea bags, I could buy a hot water at the quick mart and brew my own yummy tea.

Water

Dried soups, Dr. McDougall's soups are my go to several times a week for lunch and worked perfectly for a travel road trip. I could add hot water to these along the way and then have a meal ready in no time.

I had a blast with my family, and the benefit to going to a larger city is there were so many Vegan options with restaurants and grocery stores stocked with vegan options. I had some separation anxiety when leaving Sprouts ; ).

The Boy Scout motto is the key when traveling with food allergies...be prepared.




No comments:

Post a Comment